My roommate woke me up at 3AM; and I haven’t been able to go back to sleep. Just had a cup of coffee; and a “Lucky Strike” cigarette. Yesterday around 2PM the dentist office called me and I was able to pick up my dentures at 4:30PM. Last night I slept with them in my mouth.
My Dad came and picked me up and we went to Medico MD to pick my dentures up. Then we went to Family Dollar and bought Poligrip, some Charmin toilet paper, and some good laundry soap. Dad also bought me two packs of “Lucky Strike” Cigarettes. I wasn’t able to see the little one; but I had given my Dad a wooden pumpkin for him to paint, an spirograph, and a set of Halloween erasers.
I needed to get up early this morning because I am going to Wound Evolution; with my case manager from MHMR. I’m feeling all sort of emotions right now; scared, happy, exuberant. As I’m cuddled on my bed with my books that I wish my hand was able to write in. This morning my case manager will be here at 8:30AM; so I still have about 3 hours and a few minutes before she picks me up.
What I’ve learned through going through a physical difficulty:
My Dentures; our house caregiver said I look beautiful in them and am looking like a pretty young woman.
- As long as I take the best care of myself – the better I will feel and the happier I will be.
- It’s important to keep up with your stuff and take care of expensive belongings.
- Insurance Is a blessing; and take care of your information and money. Don’t be frivolous
- Don’t take anything for granted; I started to get bad teeth when my son was born and all my teeth started decaying and falling out. My son has bad teeth.
- Stay comfortable and there’s no need to beat yourself up to a dark place where you’re all alone.
- Remember to stay safe and use your resources wisely.
- When your smile is pretty you have better opportunities to feel good about yourself.
- Take it slowly; there’s no need to be in a rush or be hard on your health.
- Slow down on smoking and candy; with Halloween coming up candies in season.
- Remember to brush your teeth and be responsible.
- Don’t venture off alone and stay out as long as you can; it would have been better to stay at home and not have had this happen.
- My Emotions class on Coursera taught me that our minds play tricks on us to think we want something when we really wouldn’t be happier with it.
- Things can be prevented as long as your patient and are able to wait.
- Wanting things isn’t wrong but it’s wrong when you annoy everyone with complaining of severe pain, not able to do chores, are addicted to Aspirin and other things that are more harmful.
- Things can get out of hand and it’s best just to do the best you can.
- Teaching and seeking to be understood about a difficult subject isn’t easy but it’s worth it.
- I had one girl say at a hospital early in April that no one cares about my hand. Be careful who you surround yourself with; not everyone is going to like you. Just accept it!
- Having fun isn’t worth hurting yourself over and over. Once you’ve had you’re fun and have gotten hurt there’s a ton of regret and anger that takes humility and truth.
- Hurting to write in my journals and study; has been hard but I know I’m not alone when I’ve had to take time to heal.
- I’m lucky! Going to see the wound specialist – some people can’t get the help they need the most. Though it’s mostly from learning resources wisely. Yes … I was a Cadet Girl Scout and my Dad was an Eagle Scout.
A Greater Journey
” I hugged my Dad and He said I look beautiful…
As He took out his phone and took a photo!
He was always meaning for me to be careful…
Living in danger can be tragical…
God and His word and strong powerful moto!
Be safe and be truthful…
As good as the words I love you;JF-DESIGNS
as the Good Word is bold!”