I use my prayer journal to keep track of my prayer life and today I have focused on Healthy Relationships; as it is one of my goals for the year to have more meaningful relationships.
Accountability: Admitting mistakes, and accepting responsibility; for behaviors, attitudes, and values.
- Starts with you; model the behavior that you want to them too meet.
- When you make commitment’s; keep them and be held responsible for your decisions.
- An all the time thing; be seen as accountable.
- Use resources wisely; and have your own success and rewards.
- Organized planning and Time Management.
Safety: Refusing to intimidate or manipulate, respecting physical space, and expressing yourself non-violently.
- Safe from undergoing or causing harm, injury, or loss.
- Being protected from harm or undesirable outcomes.
- Thinking ahead and working together.
- Being aware of surroundings and being mindful.
- Trusting your gut feeling.
Honesty: Communicating openly & truthfully.
- Refraining from lying, hypocrisy, cheating, and stealing.
- Moral Character; integrity and truthfulness.
- Don’t compare yourself to others.
- Take time to reflect on a daily basis.
- There is strength in vulnerability.
Support: Support each others choices by being understanding and offering encouragement; listening without being judgemental.
- Silence can be a good thing but don’t ignore.
- Don’t wait until they ask for help.
- Don’t rush painful times; allow time for healing.
- Don’t make it about yourself.
- Pay attention to each other.
Cooperation: Asking and not expecting, accepting change and making decisions together that benefit the whole group. Being willing to compromise and having a win win resolution to conflict.
- Working together towards some end result.
- Everyone has to be an active member and agree to do what their going to do.
- Not for selfish benefit.
- Express understanding of thoughts and feelings.
- Show empathy without condoning.
Trust: Accepting each others words and giving the benefit of the doubt.
- Open conversations; you are both willing to let your guard down & share.
- Saying what you mean & meaning what you say.
- Build trust gradually and take the small steps necessary.
- Don’t expect too much too soon.
- Make decisions carefully and be organized.
Check out my Pinterest Board on Relationships @ Pinterest